Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

During the fifteen year that I have lived, I had never cried in a movie. Never, ever, ever, ever. EVER. I've seen movies where everybody cries, but I never did. Until today. I didn't cried my ass off, but I shed tears.

The story, by itself, is pretty sad. Kate (played by the bald Sofia Vassilieva) is diagnosed with leukemia still as a child. As her brother (Evan Ellingson) didn't match her, Kate's parents decided to have an in vitro child that matched perfectly with Kate. After lots of medical procedures, Anna (Kate's in vitro sister, played by Abigail Breslin) decide that she should be the one who's taking care of her own body. That's were the biggest problem (as if they didn't had enough) begins. If Kate doesn't get a kidney, she'll die. And Anna is the only one who can donate it. The story develops after that, with a lot of flashbacks telling the whole story of the family.

Every single part of it is sad. I could hear everybody crying during the movie. I mean, everybody. I just cried after Anna asks Kate where will she go after her death. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO heartbreaking T.T

I like dramas, but not this kind. It's too sad.

If you wanna know the end, go watch it. I'm not gonna tell. All I can say is: Abigail Breslin has a brilliant future in the movie industry ;)

;*

1 comment:

  1. esse filme deve ser muito lindo, mas eu nao entendi, vc nao precisa morrer para doar um rim. pq a menina tava pergunta para onde ela ia depois de morrer

    ReplyDelete