Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hugo

I know it's been a while. A year. But after watching this movie, I felt the need to write about it.

Sometimes it's not about what do you understand of a movie, it's what you feel when watching it. And lately, I think I lost a bit of that. I was always over analyzing what I saw, always trying to figure out everything that was put in front of me. I was being too rational, I forgot about the emotion that is the cinema. And I walked into the theater today like that.

Hugo was a movie that I've been looking forward to watch for while. But like every movie I've seen in the last 6 months or so, I went in to think about it. But as it began, I kind of forgot to think. And I loved it. As it finished, I felt the love I have for movies renewed. I remembered why I wanted to make movies for a living. So people could experience what I experienced today. So they can forget everything else and enter a whole different world for a while, even if it's just for a couple of hours.

Maybe all of that reaction was a result of the plot, which is... well, I'll say movie-related, 'cause I don't wanna spoil it too much. But it's beautiful. All of it. The story, the cast, the photography, the 3D, the score.... everything. Maybe it's like that just to my eyes, but booooooy, it's amazing. I could write paragraphs and paragraphs of all my impressions of the movie, but everyone who watches it, will see it with their own eyes, and that's where it is the beauty of it all. A movie is different to everyone who sees it, and all I can do is recommend it to you. You probably won't have the "epiphany" I had, but you will watch a great masterpiece, that in my humble opinion, is worthy of all the Oscars it's nominated for.

1 comment:

  1. This is the best post I´ve ever read about movies. I want to see movies made by people who think this way

    ReplyDelete