Monday, February 22, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

It's been a long time, huh?
Nah, not really.

Anyway, I'm here. And I watched a movie last night :D
So I'm gonna comment about it. Here.

The movie was good. Better than I expected. It's a Harry Potter wannabe: the special boy with powers doesn't know what he is capable of, the magical trio: the boy (Percy Jackson, obviously) a girl and another boy, the mission to save the world from the bad guy...

One thing that impressed me was the cast: Uma Thurman, Pierce Bronsan, Sean Bean... I mean, WTF is Pierce Brosnan doing in a teenage movie in a supporting role? He's 007 for Christ's sake!! Anyway...

Another thing that caught my eye were the boy's reactions to the stuff that was happening to him. In movies, people don't really react to the huge monster walking right by them. In this one, he had all the reactions that I thought I would have, like screaming when seeing your best friend with goat (I think it was a goat) legs, or looking surprised when you find out that your teacher is a monster and she wanted to kill you. I mean, I would.

The whole experience was awesome, I went with friends that I hadn't seen in a while. Well, except that fact that the girl who was sitting next to me kept saying that Percy looked so much like Zac Efron. I wanted to strangle her by the end of the movie :)

Good moments...

No comments:

Post a Comment