Sunday, January 31, 2010

Golden Globes

OMG!!!
Awards season has started! The best part of the year :D
I should've posted this earlier, but I simply forgot... =x

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the winners :D

Starting with TV. Glee should've won EVERYTHING! It's one of my favorite shows. Lea Michele is a terrific singer and actress. She should have won. Jane Lynch too. And Matthew Morrison. The scene where he finds out about his wife's fake pregnancy is depressive. I wanted to kill her and hug him! But they won Best Comedy series. I guess I'm happy with that....

Still on TV, we jump to Drama series: Michael C. Hall won (Best Actor in a Leading role in drama series). He is really good. The whole show's awesome. But I nearly had a heart attack when Mad Men won for Best Drama series. WTF?! House and Dexter are nominees and the winner is Mad Men? Crap. Maybe I'm defending the series I love. Ok, I'm definitely defending the series I love. Sorry. Can't help it.

Julianna Margulies won for Best Actress in a Drama Series for The Good Wife. I like the show and she's good, but not award-winning good. I think she was a little overrated. As I don't watch any of the other nominees, I can't say if the award was unfair.

Motion Pictures:
HA! Robert Downey Jr.!! He wooooooooooooooooooooon! *happy dance* (Best Actor in a leading role in a Comedy or Musical, for Sherlock Holmes)
I screamed, laughed and fell off the couch all at the same time when he won. Totally priceless.
He not only won, but also made one of the best speeches of ALL TIME. He and Susan Downey are perfect together *-* I (heart) The Downeys

Meryl Streep will rule the movies world someday. She managed to be nominated for the same award for 2 (TWO) different roles. And guess who won? Meryl Streep. She's good. I got it.

Jeff Bridges, Sandra Bullock, Mo'Nique and Christopher Waltz (who totally deserved the award) were also winners.

Now, the two most important awards: Motion Picture and Director.

AVATAR?! SO FUCKING UNFAIR!!
The movie is good and shit, but it doesn't deserve it.
Screenplay, for example: Get Pocahontas' screenplay and change the names. TA DA! Avatar's screenplay.
The movie is a blockbuster. Born to sell. Not to win awards.
It has one of the most aggressive marketings I've ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised if the coke in McDonald's turned blue because of the movie. EVERYWHERE I went there was something about this movie. I was starting to think that blue monsters (aka Na'Vi) lived under my bed.
Honestly, all of that marketing didn't make me wanna see the movie. #epicfail

And don't be mistaken, I liked the movie. I really did. It's a revolution in effects and everything. I'm just worrying that people may start do consider a movie good because it's visually good. The screenplay and plot, to me, are the most important part of the motion picture.

With a simple camera and an idea you can create a masterpiece. It doesn't have to kick-ass in effects to be good.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment